Tula Skincare Review
Probiotics are the foundation of the Tula Brand; the same bacteria that are best known to help balance and calm your stomach are also clinically proven to help promote the look of skin’s natural balance, locking in moisture to leave your complexion more hydrated and reducing the appearance of inflammation.
The products are formulated with powerful, natural probiotics, healthy superfoods, and targeted safe ingredients, such as Vitamin C, Retinol, AHA's. For more information about each of these ingredients, you can visit their website where they go into each one, and the science behind why they use them in skincare.
Tula is cruelty free!
The Products & Reviews
What is it?
A priobiotic gel cleanser that goes deep into pores to remove impurities and helps condition skin, without stripping or over-drying. It contains:
- Lactic Acid - exfoliates to reveal healthy, radiant skin
- Chicory Root - a natural anti-inflammatory prebiotic that helps boost the appearance of firmer skin
- Tumeric Root - a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce the signs of inflammation
- Blueberries - rich in antioxidants that help protect from free-radical attack
- Probiotics - hydrate and lock in moisture
This is a non-stripping gel cleanser. I wouldn't say it's the most hydrating gel cleanser I've ever used, but it's definitely not stripping, so it's perfect for my combo skin. I also didn't even know that this had Lactic Acid in it, but find it quite gentle. It comes out feeling quite thick, but quickly turns into more slippery of a texture with water, and is easy to work onto the skin and rinse off. This bottle is also HUGE. It's $28 for 6.7oz, which in my opinion, is a great price.
Pro-Glycolic 10% PH Resurfacing Gel
What is it?
This alcohol-free toner uses probiotics, glycolic acid, and beetroot extract to gently exfoliate the skin, leaving it looking smooth, hydrated and more even. It contains:
- Pro-Glycolic Complex - proprietary blend of 100% natural lactobacillus probiotics and glycolic acid helps tone and exfoliate skin and removes excess oil and debris.
- Natural Mushroom + Beet Extract - is 400X more hydrating than hyaluronic acid alone.
- Turmeric Extract - a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce the signs of inflammation
- Blueberry Extract - a natural antioxidant helps to fight free radical damage
I put one pump of this onto a cotton round and wipe along my face. It's a thick gel texture, that almost turns into a liquid as it meets your skin. It feels cooling, and gentle. My skin is finnicky when it comes to Glycolic acid, and I've had no redness, burning, or irritation. I feel like this makes my skin as glow-y as P50, and now that I'm done testing this, I am going to alternate this with P50. P50 doesn't contain glycolic, so I feel like it's perfect for that. My skin does best when exposed to a mixture of acids. This retails for $24 for 2.7oz.
Exfoliating Treatment Mask
What is it?
Detoxifying bentonite clay mask provides gentle exfoliation without stripping the skin of essential oils, making way for antioxidant-rich blueberry extract to hydrate and improve skin tone. It contains:
- Bentonite clay - exfoliates the skin and draws out impurities
- Lactic acid - derived from fruit helps gently exfoliate and fight the look of dull skin
- Blueberry extract - is rich in antioxidants and hydrates and promotes even skin tone
- Turmeric root - is a powerful natural ingredient that helps reduce signs of inflammation
- Probiotics - create a barrier to lock in moisture
My skin LOVED this mask. It's a clay mask, which are known to to be drying. I didn't find this mask to be drying at all, and when I rinsed it off (which it rinses off easily- another mask win!), my skin feels as soft and as smooth as a baby. LOVE this mask. This retails for $34.
Dual-Phase Skin Reviving Treatment Pads
What is it?
It's described as an instant facial. It's one pad, with two sides. You glide white, smooth side of the pad over your entire face to disperse the activating serum and natural plant fibers. Flip pad to baby blue, textured side and massage gently for 1-2 minutes to exfoliate. Rinse with water and reveal baby smooth, soft and radiant skin. You're supposed to use these 1-2 times per week. It contains:
- Pro Renew Complex - 100% natural probiotics + lactic acid exfoliate skin, revealing a brighter, smoother looking complexion
- Papaya Fruit Extract - provides natural exfoliation and brightness to rough, dull looking skin
- Willow Bark Extract - contains salicylic acid, a natural exfoliant which helps clear pores
- Witch Hazel - helps remove excess oil from the skin
- Cotton Plant Fibers - help to physically buff away surface debris and dead skin
This was the only product that was a miss for me, purely because of the texture. So using the white side was great, it's a nice feeling serum that you're working into your skin. However, when you start using the blue, texturized side, the serum balls up on your face in what looks like wet toilet paper. I found that these little balls were then really hard to wash off and some even got stuck in the edge of my hairline. These retail for $59 for 16 pads.
Aqua Infusion Power Liquid
What is it?
This supercharged serum contains 10,000 micro-bubbles filled with pure, fresh ingredients. Light as a liquid, yet super powerful. It contains:
- Prickly Pear - Super hydrator helps to calm the appearance of stressed skin
- Hyaluronic Acid Blend - Deeply hydrates and plumps the appearance of skin
- Lactococcus Ferment Lysate - Hydrates and locks in moisture
I am OBSESSEDDDD with this product. Obsessed. It is extremely lightweight, but delivers immediate hydration, and instantly soothes my skin. Put this in the fridge in the summer for an extra burst of cool hydration. My skin is combo but very dehydrated, and this is one of my top hydrating serums of all time. I really only need one pump to get the full effect. This is $58 for 1oz and I would 100% repurchase.
Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream
What is it?
A gel-cream that leaves skin quenched, dewy but in a weightless, oil-free texture. It is also formulated to reduce the look of redness and irritation.
This is the perfect day time moisturizer for someone with combo or oily skin, and it's even more perfect for summer time. It's a true gel-cream, but it really does provide deep hydration. It stays a bit tacky on the skin, unlike most advertised "oil-free" formulations, and it's perfect for under makeup. I think this would also be a great hydration layer for people with more normal to dry skin who want to add some hydration into their routine. This retails for $48 for 1.7oz.
All products were gifted to my by the brand, but opinions are my own.